Saturday

His Grace Doesn't Last Forever

I wonder if God ever gets tired of prayers where people are always asking for stuff. Well, I think I got my answer the other day when I turned on the radio station to hear a minister talk about greed and why you should be content with what you have.

It seems that those who cry, “Lord, Lord give me…” every chance they get are being judged these days. Things that once came quickly are trickling in or not at all. The believer is becoming disgruntled, acting like a two year old having a temper tantrum, “Why God? Why won’t you give me what I want?”

God is growing weary of us. As one minister put it, “His grace doesn’t last forever.” We that know better are testing God’s patience. We keep on doing things we know we shouldn’t. We blame the other person. We study others; rather than look at ourselves. We get easily offended when God calls us out on something. We take the messenger of God’s words and use them against him or her. We think that an attack on someone’s character or an attempt “to tell them like it is” will get them off our back.

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior will only make God act more swiftly on judging us. So I have learned, it is best to accept the truth no matter how bad it hurts and use what we learn for our benefit and to help others.

Scripture Reference:
You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

No comments:

New Audio Spiritual Messages by Nicholl