wsFJP_k" /> Spiritual Poems by Nicholl: Thoughts & Prayers to Encourage & Convict: Bible Study Gone Wrong

Saturday

Bible Study Gone Wrong

Could it have been a test
I settled for less?

Gave God no glory.
All I had was a story
of how they hurt me
and what I failed to see.
Should have been more careful.
Should have held on to my key.

But I let them all in
while I drowned in my sin.
No one seemed to care
pointed at me in the chair.
Said I wasn't saved
denounced what I had craved.

I wasn't completely clean
but neither were they.
Still a work not finished yet
with a past He let me forget.

Nothing seemed to matter
all I heard was chatter.
So I knew what had to be done
went for the door
but couldn't run.

Someone else held the key
the best part of me.
I had let them in
while drowning in my sin.

Sometimes we make people the idols of our lives and that my dear friend is a sin.
"Thou shall not worship any idols..."

No comments:

New Audio Spiritual Messages by Nicholl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.