Saturday

Interesting Biblical Scripture Sounds a Little Bit like G-20 Summit

Weeks before the G-20 Summit in Pittsburgh that was held on September 24 and 25th of 2009, I noticed an interesting passage in the Living Bible (1971 edition) which is paraphrased for those of us who don't like the "thy", "thou" and other old English language used in the King James version. Here's what I read:

Psalm 2

"What fools the nations are to rage against the Lord! How strange that men should try to outwit God! For a summit conference of the nations has been called to plot against the Lord and his Messiah Christ King. "Come, let us break his chains," they say, "and free ourselves from all this slavery to God."
But God in heaven merely laughs! He is amused by all their puny plans. And then in fierce fury he rebukes them and fills them with fear. For the Lord declares, This is the King of my choice, and I have enthroned him in Jerusalem, my holy city."
His chosen one replies, "I will reveal the everlasting purposes of God, for the Lord has said to me, 'You are my Son. This is your Coronation Day. Today I am giving you your glory." Only ask, and I will give you all the nations of the world. Rule them with an iron rod; smash them like clay pots!"
O kings and rulers of the earth, listen while there is time. Serve the Lord with reverent fear; rejoice with trembling. Fall down before his Son and kiss his feet before his anger is roused and you perish. I am warning you -- his wrath will soon begin. But oh, the joys of those who put their trust in him!"

What makes the relation interesting to me is United States making claims that as a nation we trust God. However, other countries don't hold the same beliefs. I can almost bet that someone or people in that room made reference to the United State's God and what we believe etc. I wonder what President Barack Obama said when his God was criticized? As we all know the Muslim religion is comprised of many believers that have an agenda that goes beyond our economic crisis and if you think they don't, watch international news. I thought this was interesting maybe in the flesh these leaders were meeting about money, but in the spirit they were meeting about God's presence and how they could rid Christianity and all its believers off the face of this earth and make all countries Muslim nations! In order to do that, you have to put doubt in a believer's mind to make them stop believing. So-called "smart" people will do just that, "If I question you enough to frustrate you so that you look like a fool, put holes in your belief system and call it ignorant, show you where you are a hypocrite, talk to you about how your God or god has failed you, at some point I will have you where I want you in unbelief." I thought of this when I reflected on this meeting of the minds. I wonder what it really accomplished?
 

)

No comments:

New Audio Spiritual Messages by Nicholl