Tuesday

Money Worries

A dawning of a new day, so I pray.
Can't let them get to me, not today.
It will soon be the first of May.
Watching, waiting to walk on my flowers,
after months of rain showers.

What more did they want?  Their words taunt.
God isn't leading me, moving me, or wanting me
to connect with she or he...He knows I can't pay their fees.

A new face looks back at me in the mirror.
No worries, no fear.  Wipe away another tear.
Too much too soon...
thoughts I had as I stared at the moon.

Let too many people in...all I wanted to do was win.
They wanted to sin.

There is indeed a life beyond this one I recall...enjoy the fun,
but remember his Holy Son.
Sooner or later there will be no sun.

Eyes closed behind a bedroom door.
A body tired and sore, lying on a back--don't want to live anymore.

The government helps themselves, look for a legal crack
takes yet another citizen's money sack.

To the grave one goes, so stressed.
Heart under duress--
prematurely left.

If I were you and you were me,
you would clearly see,
there is more to life than bill collectors and fees.

Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

New Audio Spiritual Messages by Nicholl