Sunday

Yesterday Prepared Me for Today

Battled with an enemy,

a common foe.

He was playing on the down low--

used women for a show.

It was a race to see who would win

He got the best of me justified his sin.

I was ready for the battle,

but he rounded up friends like cattle.

Tried to tell me that I was in the wrong,

sang some tired, weak song.

I had heard it all before,

past fights left me sore.

Said goodbye to yesterday’s defeat,

still standing though on two feet!

Didn’t worry anymore about lies,

cause I had my share of spies.

Played into a man’s weaknesses,

got comfortable, thought he won.

Little did he know,

I came back with the Holy One!

The victory is mine,

didn’t whine,

I had drew the line!

Put the foolishness to rest,

passed the devil’s test.

Tried to blindside me,

but used both eyes so I could see.

Trouble always around,

but you don’t have to go down.

Never stay on any ground.

Never stay on any ground.

Get up and fight your foe,

Understand strategy,

be in the know!

Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

New Audio Spiritual Messages by Nicholl